What To Do If You Get COVID-19
Behold: the never-ending cycle that is known as allergies… or maybe the flu… or even worse, maybe coronavirus! For the last 3 years, COVID-19 has affected every single person regardless of age or gender. The thing is, it affects everybody differently. Some people could be sick for 1 day with only a cough, while another person could be sick for an entire month with lingering symptoms after the fact. We have all learned how to deal with quarantine, how to breathe while wearing a mask, and the terrifying thought that the world was going to end.
Unfortunately, this pandemic isn’t quite over yet, with the recent rise in COVID cases resurfacing throughout the U.S., the CDC has an updated set of recommendations for people who have coronavirus or those who have been exposed to it. Since every situation is different, the new CDC guidelines are a little confusing, but not to worry! HealthCARE Express has got the facts, plain and simple, right here for you! Keep reading below to see what has changed since the beginning of the pandemic, 3 years ago.
What To Do If You Have COVID-19
If you have tested positive for coronavirus, have mild symptoms, or are even just waiting for your test results, then here’s what to do:
- Quarantine for at least 5 days
- To keep other people in your home safe, stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom if you are able to. If you do have to leave your room, wear a mask as a courtesy to keep others safe.
- Do not travel for at least 10 days
- It is important that you do not travel for at least 10 days after you tested positive.
- To calculate the time frames after you were tested, follow this guide: day 0 is the day you were tested, and day 1 is the day you tested positive and should be quarantined for 9 more days. If you tested on day 0 and the test was negative on day 1, then start your isolation period the day you first get symptoms.
- Contact your healthcare provider or medical professional if your symptoms worsen after 10 days
- Watch for worsening symptoms, especially fever. If you have emergency signs, like trouble breathing, chest pain, or pressure in your chest, then seek medical attention.
- Make sure you do self-assessments
- Do self-checks every day, how are you feeling? It’s important to take it easy while you’re in quarantine.
- Make sure to wear a mask when you’re out in public after your isolation
- Note that you could have loss of taste or smell for weeks or even months after you feel better, it’s different for everyone. Keep wearing a mask around people at home and in public for 5 days after no symptoms or improved symptoms.
What To Do If You Have Been Exposed To COVID-19
If you have been exposed to COVID-19, and are not up to date with COVID-19 vaccines or haven’t tested positive in the last 90 days, then here’s what to do:
- Avoid traveling for at least 10 days
- It is important that you do not travel for at least 10 days after you’ve been exposed.
- Wear a mask around other people for at least 10 days
- This might seem like a hassle, or just annoying, but if you want to do everything you can to make sure you’re not accidentally spreading COVID, then wearing a mask around people for at least 10 days is necessary.
- Watch for Coronavirus symptoms for at least 10 days
- Like we mentioned earlier, COVID affects everybody differently. What you might think is just a sudden increase in allergies could actually be Coronavirus.
- Get tested if you have symptoms within the first 5 days of exposure
- This one is pretty self-explanatory, if you have symptoms after you were exposed, then GET TESTED!
- Isolate for at least 5 days after exposure
- If you have symptoms but are stubborn and don’t want to get tested, then the least you can do is isolate yourself for at least 5 days after you’ve been exposed or have developed symptoms.
HealthCARE Express Has COVID Testing
We want this pandemic to be over as much as the next medical facility, but it’s not that simple. The best we can do is to continue to take the proper precautions in order to help keep others safe. If you do have symptoms or are concerned that you’ve been exposed, then stop by one of 17 different locations of HealthCARE Express to get tested. We have rapid antigen tests that give you results within 15 minutes and PCR tests with results ready within 24-72 hours. All our facilities are equipped with professionally trained staff members who guarantee to do everything they can for you. Check out our website to see all our COVID-19 services, to find a location nearest you, or just to read our amazing blogs. We look forward to hearing from you!