Stop the Sick!
Too many people don’t properly know how to prevent the spread of germs and disease, so sickness travels easily between people at work and at school. HealthCARE Express has a few tips to help you prevent the spread of germs so you can stay healthy and not let sickness interfere with your day.
- Stay home when you’re sick. Going to school or work while you’re ill can spread germs to those that are around.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Don’t use your hand to do this. Instead, either cough into the inside of your elbow or into a tissue.
- Wash your hands regularly, especially if you do happen to sneeze or cough into your hands. This is also helpful if you interact with other sick people to keep their illness from spreading to you. You should wash your hands with soap and water instead of just using antibacterial hand sanitizer (unless the sanitizer is at least 60% alcohol).
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth. Most germs are spread through infected bodily fluids, which can come from these places on your body. Again, if you do happen to touch these areas you should wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with others if you are sick, or if they are sick. Try to stay at least three feet away from them.
- Stay away from crowded places during times of disease, such as going to the mall during flu season.
- Clean surfaces or objects you come in contact with when you are sick or if someone in your home is sick. Soap and water are all you need for this. You don’t have to use heavy disinfectants.
- Stay vaccinated. This is the surest way to make sure you don’t get sick from viruses, such as the flu.
Follow these safety precautions and you should do well to prevent illness. If you do get sick, though, come visit HealthCARE Express and we’ll help you get back to feeling great.