Better Than a Fruit Snack!
Ditch those sugary and artificial fruit snacks and start packing fresh fruit salads in your child’s lunchbox!
While fruits are naturally high in sugars, it’s all-natural and unprocessed sugars. They are also packed full of vitamins and nutrients that aren’t found in the fruit snacks kids love. Throw together the fruit salad we mention below to give your kiddos a healthy and delicious snack!
- 1 lb. strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Rich with Vitamin C, Manganese, Folate (vitamin B9), Potassium
- 6 oz. blueberries
- Rich with Antioxidants, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Manganese
- 6 oz. raspberries
- Rich with Vitamin C, Manganese, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, B Vitamins, and much more!
- 3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- Rich with Antioxidants, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Folate, Potassium
- 1 orange, peeled and wedges cut in half
- Rich with Antioxidants, Vitamin C, Folate, Potassium, Magnesium
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- Rich with Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Potassium, Polyphenols
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- Rich with Vitamin C, Copper, Folate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Niacin, and much, much more!
-2 c. grapes
- Rich with Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, and more!
The above fruits are just the ones we recommend based on their nutritional value, but feel free to add or take away fruits your kiddos love or aren’t fans of! Once all the ingredients are assembled and ready, simply add them all to a bowl and toss the contents gently to combine. Cover the bowl and chill until you’re ready to serve it. It should be good and fresh for a couple of days! If you pack the fruit in a lunchbox, be sure to include a cold pack with it to keep the fruit from spoiling.