You Catch More Flies with Sugar than Vinegar! Check Out This Hack!
Did your grandmother ever tell you that you could catch more flies with sugar than vinegar whenever you got a little unruly? Maybe you always took it as an old wives’ tale she had stored in one of her silver hairs that crowned her head, or just a saying she had a put away in one of the many wrinkles that defined her glowing face. However, it is true!
Flying insects are a nuisance, especially inside. They get on your food, in your drinks, sometimes in your face...You can go spend a ton of money on buying fly traps, or you can make a simple DIY trap! All it takes are a few simple materials and ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- liquid dish soap
- plastic wrap
- rubber band
- mason jar
Now that you have your materials, let’s put them together!
1) Take the mason jar and pour in the apple cider vinegar, sugar, and a couple of drops of liquid dish soap.
2) Add in the cup of water and mix it well.
3) Cover the mason jar with a layer of plastic wrap, placing the rubber band around it to hold it down.
4) Make sure the plastic wrap is pulled taut!
5) Take a toothpick and puncture several small holes into the plastic wrap covering the mason jar.
6) Place the jar near the fruit bowl, or wherever the gnats are.
The sweet smell of the mixture should attract the gnats to the jar. Upon approaching they will enter the trap through the holes in the plastic cover, causing them to be trapped and unable to escape. Replace the mixture every few days for sanitary reasons.
So, the next time you see your grandmother, let her know that you really CAN catch more flies with sugar than vinegar! And don’t forget to subscribe to our blog to see how we can help you with life little urgencies!