When Life Gives You Lemons... Make Lip Gloss!
Many of us have always heard that if life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but did you know that you could make an amazing lip scrub with those lemons as well?
Lemons and lips? This combination might seem a little odd, however, we have a hack that will make you add this to your nightly skin routine! So, put down that Chapstick and go grab a lemon, some sugar (because we must make sure we stay sweet), and some coconut oil and let’s learn how to make sure our lip gloss stays poppin’ all fall!
For this DIY you will need:
- A bowl
- A small container
- A spoon
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp granulated sugar (approximate)
- Small storage container of your choice (you can get these at your local drug store, or on Etsy)
- Mix all ingredients together in the bowl.
- Store it in an airtight container for several uses.
- Apply a small amount to your lips and rub for 2-5 minutes to make sure you are removing all dead skin.
- Rinse off lip scrub and pat dry the area.
- Apply cocoa butter to remoisturize lips.
- You can store it for up to 1 month under room temperature.
Lips can be easily damaged since we really don’t think to apply sunscreen to them. This exfoliating lemon sugar scrub will remove dead cells and improve blood flow in your lips. It’s recommended you don’t over-exfoliate your lips, so limit it to once a week in warm months and twice a week in the winter.
Though we are still enjoying the long days and heat of the summer, fall is near and with it comes cooler weather. Hopefully, you found this hack useful for your winter beauty routine. And remember, when life gives you lemons, save one or two for a lip scrub! Come visit us tomorrow to see the next life hack!