Turkey Enchilada Casserole
This is a fun, healthy take on two favorites: casserole and enchiladas! Replacing ground beef with ground turkey make calorie count only around 292 calories per serving.
- ½ lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 15oz can black beans, drained + rinsed
- 10oz can Rotel® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ cup yellow corn, if canned, drain + rinse
- ¼ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 4 - 9" La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious™ Low-Carb, High Fiber Tortillas
- 10oz can red enchilada sauce
- ½ cup reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick pan, cook the ground turkey, onions, garlic, chili powder and cumin over medium-high heat until onions are tender and turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in black beans and Rotel® and mix well. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, corn, cottage cheese and garlic powder.
- Place 2 tortillas overlapping on the bottom of pan.
- Top with half the turkey mixture, half the sour cream mixture and half the enchilada sauce. Repeat layers.
- Bake covered for 30-35 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 10 minutes to set.