Tasty Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkins are good for more than just desserts and coffee! Pumpkins are packed full of beta carotene and carotenoids that are extremely beneficial in improving the tissue health of your liver. These properties also help in detoxifying the liver!
You can whip up a delicious pumpkin soup to enjoy this fall that tastes great and can help your body feel great!
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Large Yellow Onions Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 15 Ounce Cans Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes until caramelized.
- Add garlic, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to the onions and stir for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup of chicken stock and scrape browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add remaining chicken broth, water, and pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Turn heat to low and simmer the soup for 20 minutes.
- Turn the stove off and use a handheld immersion blender to puree the soup. Alternately, use a regular blender and puree the soup in 2-3 batches.
- Stir the heavy cream into the soup.
Serve with some warm, toasted bread and enjoy!