Sip a Bit of Pumpkin Juice!
The weather is starting to get cooler, and as Halloween approaches the Harry Potter movies start to pop up on TV more and more. You hear the young wizards talk about drinking pumpkin juice and the curiosity sinks in. You eye the pumpkins you got to decorate your house for fall and you wonder… what does pumpkin juice taste like?
Well, by itself… it’s not great, but you can mix it with other fruit juices for a tasty (and healthy) fall drink! Pumpkins are very low in calories and its juice is very filling and can help you fight those hunger pains! Combined with its low-calorie count, pumpkin juice is virtually fat-free! It’s a great way to stay hydrated while you’re working out without drinking those sugary and chemical filled energy drinks. It has so many other health benefits, including vitamin C and beta carotene that helps reduce inflammation, natural sleep aids, and lots of fiber to aid digestion.
To make a delicious pumpkin juice, follow the recipe below! It may not taste like what the kids in Hogwarts drink, but it’s still quite tasty!
- ½ cup pumpkin
- 2 cups of apple juice
- ½ cup of pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ginger
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of allspice
- Carve a pumpkin and scoop out its insides.
- Pour boiling water over the gooey pumpkin guts and mash the mixture.
- Strain the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour apple juice and pineapple juice into a blender.
- After mixing, add the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour the apple juice and pineapple juice into a blender.
- Add the pumpkin juice and blend.
- Add honey and blend.
- Add your spices to taste!
- Chill the juice and serve!