Halloween Snacks Part 1
We know it’s hard to get the kiddos to eat healthy food on any day, but it’s often so much harder on Halloween! They just want to gobble down candy and sugar until they’re bouncing off the walls. Try out some of these fun (and healthy) Halloween-themed snacks that will help the kids from filling up on candy!
- Sliced granny smith apples, cut into 8 sections
- 1 cup of organic peanut butter
- 1 cup of yogurt covered raisins
- 1 tbsp of lemon to prevent browning
Sprinkle lemon juice on each apple slice to prevent them from browning. Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter on each apple slice. Place about 4-6 yogurt covered raisins on half of the apple slices, lining them up so they look like teeth. Place the other half of the apple slices on top to create a fun monster mouth!
Healthy “Candy Corn”
- Pineapple cut into chunks
- Orange slices cut into chunks or small slices of mandarin oranges
- Whipped cream
In a clear cup, place the pineapples in a layer on the bottom. Place a layer of oranges on top of the pineapple. Top it all off with a dollop of whipped cream!